Hello! Thanks for stopping by!

My name is Katie, and I am a recent Boston College graduate from the class of 2011. Now, I am a Rostro de Cristo volunteer, and will be spending the year from August 2011—August 2012 in Ecuador!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Adios, Bellevue

Sunday is quickly approaching, which means orientation in Boston, and Ecuador 2 weeks later. This past Sunday, my family threw a Goodbye/Send Off party for me, and most of the important people from all corners of my life were able to make it! I had a wonderful time catching up with a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while, and so thankful that everyone took the time on a beautiful sunday afternoon to come and see me off! Here are a few pics from the night...

The Coles and Rich 

Hannah, Sarah and I 

The Eckharts 

The Sievers... all the way from Whidbey! 

The Cooleys 

The Tudors 

Cousins :) 

Michael Jay and the softballers!

Also, this week I have been learning to drive stick shift! The Coles have been so generous to teach me how to drive a manual. I've driven by a few construction crews, stalled out, and got a few laughs. But I think I'm getting the hang of it! 

Well, T-minus 5 days until Beantown... yikes! 

1 comment:

  1. KATIE! I am so sad that I wasn't there for your sendoff party :( But I am glad that I got to see you briefly before I left for Sacramento! You are going to have such an amazing experience and I am so happy that you are doing this, even though that means I won't get to see you for a year! Boo :( ANYWAYS I will be checking up on your blog to see how everything's going - I miss you girl!

    LOVE YOU! -Alix VZ

    ReplyDelete